Prospective graduate students may contact the Office of Student and Faculty Services with questions about graduate programs at 309-438-7400 or e-mail email@example.com.
Current students in the graduate programs will be contacted via ISU email from the Graduate Program Academic Advisor every semester prior to early registration to verify intended course enrollment for the upcoming term. September registration is scheduled for the spring semester and March registration is scheduled for the summer and fall semesters. Students must be in compliance with all health and safety requirements in order to register for upcoming terms.
In the PhD program, students are assigned a faculty advisor based on mutual research interests. The Graduate Program Coordinator makes the initial link between student and potential advisor based on the knowledge of faculty research and the doctoral student's essay.
The student and faculty advisor will meet at least twice per year. The meetings should focus on the student's professional development.
The meetings will generally be as follows:
The student bears substantial responsibility to assure that advisement occurs in a timely and appropriate manner. The student is responsible for:
1. Initiating contact with faculty advisor
2. Communicating regularly with his/her Graduate Program Academic Advisor and Faculty Advisor regarding progress, plans, goals, and any problems that might occur
3. Being aware of College of Nursing policies and requirements
4. Following the plan of study and goals as agreed upon with faculty advisor
5. Participating in annual review
6. Reporting any problems that might delay the completion of coursework, comprehensive examination or dissertation progress
7. Requesting and completing all appropriate documents consistent with the completion of the doctoral degree
8. Participating in the selection of committee members for the comprehensive exam and dissertation
9. Following the plan of study and goals as agreed upon with advisors
All of the necessary exam, advising, or degree progress forms from MCN are available below for download.