Prospective graduate students may contact the Office of Student Services with questions about graduate programs at 309-438-7400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current students in the graduate programs will be contacted via ISU email from the Graduate Program Academic Advisor every semester prior to early registration to verify intended course enrollment for the upcoming term. September registration is scheduled for the spring semester and March registration is scheduled for the summer and fall semesters. Students must be in compliance with all health and safety requirements in order to register for upcoming terms.
In the DNP program, students are assigned a Faculty Advisor. A clinical and scholarship interest match between student and faculty is considered in assignment of a Faculty Advisor. Once the match has been determined, the DNP Program Leader assists the initial link between student and advisor.
If you plan to enroll in out-of-state clinicals or practicum experiences, you must contact your advisor a minimum of one semester in advance of placement, and be aware that some state placements may not be possible based on Board of Nursing requirements for that state.
The student and Faculty Advisor will meet at least one time per year during the required two day DNP Intensives program. The meeting should focus on the student’s professional development to include establishing goals for the academic year, reviewing progress toward the achievement of annual goals, and begin planning for the next academic year.
The student and Faculty Advisor will meet at least 2 times during each Scholarly Project course to evaluate progress and set goals for completion of the project.
The student bears substantial responsibility to assure that advisement occurs in a timely and appropriate manner. The student is responsible for:
1. Being aware of College of Nursing policies and requirements
2. Initiating contact with Faculty Advisor
3. Communicating regularly with his/her Graduate Program Academic Advisor and Faculty Advisor regarding progress, plans, and goals
4. Following the plan of study and goals as agreed upon with advisors
5. Reporting any problems that might delay the completion of coursework, or scholarly project progress
6. Participating in annual review
7. Participating in the selection of committee members for the scholarly project
8. Requesting and completing all appropriate documents consistent with the completion of the doctoral degree